Last Updated: March 10, 2016
synco is a fun way to create real time memories with groups of friends and family. Users can start a synco with a group to capture a collective moment in time.
Information We Collect
What You Directly Provide Us
For you to create a basic synco account, we need to collect a few important details about you: your name, a unique username, a password, an email address where we can contact you, and a phone number. We want you to be in control of your information, so we let you update or correct most of the basic synco account information by editing your account settings within synco. And while we hope you’ll never want to live without synco, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, you can delete your account right from the application; but we may retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
What You Automatically Provide Us When You Use Our Services
Because synco is about sharing moments with people, there is some information we collect automatically when you access our Services. We use this information to improve and expand our functionality as described below:
- Content. None of the content sent through synco is used for data collection purposes.
- Device Info. We may collect information about your device, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, browser type and language, mobile device phone number, and mobile network information. We also collect certain device information that will help us diagnose problems in the (hopefully rare) event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services.
- Location Info. We use coarse location information only to identify your time zone so that we can customize the time stamp on your synco collage. You can revoke your consent by deleting synco from your device.
- Usage Info. We collect information about your activity and the messages you send and receive through our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time, date, sender, recipient group of a synco, the number of syncos you initiate with your groups, which groups you initiate syncos with the most, and your interactions with synco (such as when you respond to a synco or view a collage). We use this information to improve our services to you.
- Website Log Information. We collect log file information when you use our websites. That information includes information such as your web browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the website you visited before navigating to our websites.
Information We Collect When You Contact U
Whenever you have a question for our helpful Support team, please contact us at email@example.com. When you contact the Support team or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer. For instance, if you submit images, files, or any other materials to us through our websites, we will collect what you give us.
How We Use Information
Fundamentally, the information we collect is used to provide services to you and improve those services. In other words, the information we gather is used to:
- Provide and deliver the products, services, and functionality that you request and send you related information;
- Communicate with you. We may send you marketing communications on behalf of us or other companies; respond to your comments and questions; provide customer service; and send you technical notices, security alerts, and other informational messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage;
- Develop, improve, and refine products, services, and functionality;
- Personalize the Services by providing advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Where Information Is Processed
synco is based in the United States. Although we welcome users from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our Services, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries. We want you to know this because the laws of the United States and those of other countries where your information is processed might not be as comprehensive or protective as laws in the country where you live. And while you’re in another country, know that your information may be made available to government or law enforcement requests.
How We Share Information
Here’s the type of information we may share about you with others and how we do so:
- When you send a synco request, your group will see your username and whatever your message says.
- We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- With respect to jointly offered Services or functionality or services offered separately by other companies through our Services, we may share information about you with business partners to provide the Services and functionality you request and to communicate with you about those Services;
- We may share information about you in response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is consistent with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, or regulation; to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated or modified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may use information related to the country in which you are using synco to create more localized services.
The Services may also contain third-party links or be a co-branded or third-party-branded Service that’s being provided jointly with or by another company. By going to those links or by using a co-branded or third-party-branded Service, you may be providing personal information directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our Services.
We don’t direct our Services to anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.